The best cure for many conditions is prevention. At The Teal Umbrella in Ottawa, we follow that adage to the letter with our preventative dentistry services. We offer plenty of advanced dental treatments, but we hope that, by taking care of your teeth before they decay, we’ll help prevent problems before they start.
A large part of our strategy to prevent dental problems for our patients in Ottawa and Nepean is the routine exam. During these exams, you’ll be carefully examined by our expert dentists for signs of future disease and decay. You’ll also receive a full cleaning from our hygienists, which can help to prevent future issues from occurring.
Our Preventative Dentistry Services
Because the goal of every dentist should be prevention, we make it a major focus at our clinic. Dr. Samarrae and her team are constantly reassessing your dental health to help make sure that you remain free of disease.
Here is a list of our preventative dentistry services:
- Pediatric Dentistry: Our pediatric dentistry services are designed to provide specialized oral care for your little ones. We focus on creating a comfortable and engaging environment to ensure positive dental experiences for children, promoting good oral hygiene habits from an early age.
- Routine Exams: Regular dental exams are essential for catching and addressing dental issues early, ensuring your smile stays vibrant and problem-free.
- Sealants: These are coatings applied to the small indentations in the chewing surfaces of teeth, forming a protective layer against plaque and decay. We can apply them in the course of a regular visit.
- Fluoride Treatments: fluoride varnish makes teeth more resistant to plaque and acid attacks and help teeth remineralize more quickly. Applying it takes only a few minutes and it’s easy to add on to a regular visit.
- Digital Intra-Oral Photography: By using a specialized camera designed for dental applications, we can provide a clear visual record of your oral health. These images enable us to detect and document dental conditions with precision, allowing for accurate diagnosis and treatment planning.
- Periodontal (Gum) Therapy: With a range of treatments, including deep cleanings and personalized care plans, we help maintain the foundation of your oral health by taking care of your gums.
Don’t Underestimate the Value of Preventative Dentistry!
For more information about our Ottawa practice (convenient for patients in Nepean), contact us now! Or if you’re ready to book an appointment, click here. You can learn more about our practice by checking our business page, and make sure to get directions before heading our way.